This month's eblast contains the
following important information and news items:
1. June 2012 Newsletter
In This Issue:
HCV Snapshots by Lucinda K. Porter, RN. In this month's issue Lucinda focuses on DAA studies released at the EASL 2012 Conference.
Disability & Benefits: How Private Are My Medical Records? by Jacques Chambers, CLU -- Worried about privacy? This article should allay some of our fears about privacy, justify some of our privacy issues and gives good advice about protecting your privacy and why it is so important to think before you put too much private information out in the public domain.
HealthWise: The Power of Support Groups by Lucinda K. Porter, RN -- Support groups are one of the most effective strategies we have for dealing with almost every aspect of HCV. Learn why support groups are so important and some of the research behind them.
2. June 2012 HBV Journal Review by Christine M. Kukka—Stay updated on the latest HBV information. Below is just a small sample of the articles summarized in this month’s review:
- U.S. Residents with Hepatitis B May Exceed 2 Million -- This will probably not surprise those in the know about HBV, but this is a very important study that is needed to bolster the argument that HBV needs more funding because large number of Americans are chronically infected with hepatitis B.
- Infections, Including Hepatitis B, Cause 16% of Cancers Worldwide -- Find out what accounts for a large portion of liver cancer. Hint: HBV and HCV.
- Researchers Discover How HBV Integrates to Cause Cancer -- Researchers discover how HBV causes liver cancer, which could lead to more ways to treat it.
3. Baby Boomer Testing:. The CDC is soliciting comments on their recommendations for testing baby boomers. Let the CDC know what you think -- click here
4. NEW: Incivek — 20 Grams of Fat: There are very specific requirements for taking the new protease inhibitor therapies. To make sure you are doing it right-- click here
5. Hepatitis C Training Workshops Schedule. Don't miss out on one of these important workshops! To find out if one will be coming near to where you live, Click here!
6. Top News (Blog) from the hepatitis blog includes:
and much, much more…..
Executive Director, Hepatitis C Support Project
Editor-in-Chief, HCV Advocate www.hcvadvocate.org
Editor-in-Chief, HBV Advocate www.hbvadvocate.org
**Questions and Comments: Questions and/or comments can be directed to email@example.com
**To receive the eblast in your email inbox simply send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with nothing in the subject line and the following in the message body: subscribe emailalert. Make sure your email address is all lower case.